Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

What a great opportunity we have to hear a living Prophet of God and amazing insights from Apostles and Leaders. In such a horrible and corrupt society it is nice to take a time out and be reminded of our eternal perspective and how as we cling to the gospel of Jesus Christ we are truly protected and blessed.
I thought i'd share some of the things that touched me most from this weekend: (some are quotes from talks, others are impressions i had)

1-"Don't all the stresses of life to get the best of us." - Elder Perry
2- Hope is abiding trust the Lord will fulfill his romises, our prayers will be answered and with hope comes joy and happiness. We need to hope with confidence.
3- We need unity in our families!
4- "In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things" -Sis. Dalton
5- "Find Joy in the journey" - Pres. Monson


i just have so much love for my Father in Heaven, his son Jesus Christ and in their plans of happiness and salvation. it definitley makes day to day life more meaningful and purposeful. I am so blessed to have this comfort in my life and i hope you all feel the same!!!!


Lizzy also learned from general conference. As we listened she of course was in and out, but she did hear things and repeated them as she heard them:

1-body
2-choose the right
3-church (followed by saying "I want to go to church")
4-Joseph Smith
5-present (i think she was hopeful she was going to get a present when she heard this)
6-second
7-changes

I was actually very impressed by her listening skills and once again reminded of the importance of teaching our children when they are young!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and testimony. It makes me happy to see my Sister doing so well. And I might add "Finding Joy in the Journey."

debi said...

any chance you are related to tim fellars...

looking for the 411

an old friend

debi brown(reeves)

www.sacajawea-sings.blogspot.com