Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aubree's BIRTH Day and story

Okay... here is the birth story if you wish to hear it:

A week and a half before my due date, June14, my Dr checked me and found I was dilated to a 3 and 90% effaced and told me he didn't expect me to make my visit the following week. I had been mentally preparing to be late, so went home and kind of freaked out that I wasn't ready. But after fearing each braxton hicks or each little movement was me going into labor, and each day passing without a baby. I started to give up on the baby being early idea and went back to my Dr for my appointment the following week where he told me he would bet money I would be in labor within a few days. But I hadn't dilated any more since the previous week and decided he had no idea and was just talking. So a few more days passed, my parents came down friday night and we all went swimming on Saturday. I was feeling actually pretty good and getting set on the idea of the baby coming later, but after having  a relaxing Sabbath day and celebrating my parents anniversary I woke Monday morning with contractions. I woke up about 4:30am to fairly consistent contractions. Unsure if I should rush to the hospital. (Because Caleb came so quickly and I was already dilated to a 3 the Dr. had told me to not stay home very long once contractions started.) But they were not very strong and no closer than 10 mins apart. Finally by the time CJ got up at 6:30, they were actually getting further apart and still not very strong. So I told him to go to work, but stay close in case he needed to meet me at the hospital. But by the time I got up and showered they almost stopped and were only maybe every hour or so. For a few hours in the morning, but was feeling tired and not great. So we stayed home and kids played in the backyard. I had off and on contractions but never too consistant or too strong. Finally about 3:00pm I went in to my room to have CJ time my contractions, and they started coming more like 10-15 mins apart. Which normally wouldn't be close enough for me to go to hospital, but since I had already been dilated pretty far and the drive was 25 mins to hospital I didn't want to wait too long. I was feeling pretty worn out and crummy, so I decided we should probably just drive over there. If they stopped again we could go out to dinner, but at least I'd be closer if I needed to check in. So about 4:30pm we started driving over and as soon as we left they started coming every 3-4 mins apart. So we went to hospital and checked in and by the time I was checked I was dilated to a 8 and they started getting ready for the baby to come, about 5:20pm.
I didn't want an epidural going into it, and I didn't have time to get one anyway, but I will say it was very painful and I don't think I will do that again ever! I think I was already so tired from being in labor all day and the pain was so intense I barely made it through. But then again what choice do you have? My nurse was great and helped me try some different positions which probably helped, but at that point everything just hurt, and I just wanted to give up and cry. But luckily it wasn't too long and at 6:27pm after just a couple pushes our BABY GIRL was born. We kept it a surprise as to the gender of the baby, but I'll have to admit at that point all I wanted was A Baby out! Lizzy had also convinced all of us it would be a girl and that's kind of what I felt I was having, so if it had been a boy I think I would have been really shocked. We were just so happy to have a baby and all her fingers and toes and everything there. She was just beautiful and the biggest surprise was alot of dark brown hair.(Since our other two kids were blonde haired) She was beautiful, 8 lbs 8 oz and 20 1/2 inches. Brown hair, and right now some dark blue/gray eyes.
We didn't have a name picked out so, we went down our list that night and thought it would be either Sara or Naomi, but couldn't decide so thought we'd sleep on it. However, I didn't sleep much, but I did enjoy looking over at my angel baby and amazed how calm and happy she was. Either she slept or layed awake just looking around. I couldn't belive how good she was. In the morning we both agreed we didn't like those names for her and wanted Bree, but thought we should either name her Breanna or Aubree. We finally decided we liked Aubree best and then had to figure out how we wanted to spell it, which took a while to ponder and debate, but CJ didn't want Aubrie, and I didn't want Aubrey, so we looked up spellings on his phone and found Aubree, and decided we liked that best for her.
Its really cool looking back and seeing how the Lord blessed us in ways that may seem little to others but were real answers to prayers we had.  

The saturday before we enjoyed a nice day swimming!

Aubree Gail Fellars born June 25, 2012. 6:27pm and weighed 8lbs 8 oz, 20 1/2in.

Our happy new family

A very happy Lizzy, to have a baby sister!
My newest addiction!
Lizzy and Caleb just can't get enough of Bree, and smoother her with kisses and love!
Grandma and Grandpa Dalton were here and helped us celebrate the 4th of July with flag shirts!
Okay, now I have to figure out how to survive three kids. I'm excited but very nervous and not sure how to now split time between three adorable but very needy (of my time) kids.


Da Denninghoff's said...

Congratulations Lacey! She's so beautiful! You have such a beautiful family. Reading your birth story is making me excited to deliver:)

Meghan said...

Awww, I'm just catching up on reading blogs. This is such a sweet post. You are a super momma and a birthing champ!!! Aubree is gorgeous! What beautiful kiddos you guys have. Hope all is going well and your adjustment to 3 is a smooth one. :)