Tuesday, January 27, 2009

finally the after pics

Alright well its been a long road and of course always more to do, but we are in our house and feeling rather settled and making it home. We attempted to do a lot ourselves, but soon realized that was not going to happen, between me being pregnant, Cj busy with work, and us living at his mom's wanting to move into our house sometime in the next year. We gave up and hired most of it done! I am so happy we did. It is so much better than we would have done, and we got in within a couple weeks. So i don't think the pics really show what we had done, but you get the idea. We did all new paint, carpet, doors and frames, knocked out a wall and new hinges and knobs in the kitchen. Everything we did we love and are so glad we were led to do it.

before living room

after we knocked out the wall in living and dining room



other side of living room and entry after pic



before: ugly wood color and dirty

so much nicer cleaner white, new knobs and hinges, )someday we'll get new counter tops too)



eating area, washed out and dark


after, color and i love it!



before master bed (nasty pink color)


after, an ash gray actually.. again i love it


before lizzy's wing... so nasty i thought we would gut this bathroom, but it actually just needed paint and some scrubbing

new paint and faucets in bathtub


nasty bedroom: couldn't even open the closet, so much junk and YUCK!

Now it is sweet little Lizzy's room and she loves it


before 70s style family room

soooooo much better (except of course that CJ reminds me daily we now need a big screen) well its on the list!

We'll i have to admit the stress of picking colors and carpet was high, but goes to show you can pray about anything. I did and i know thats why it all turned out as good as it did. Thanks to my parents and sis for helping clean and work on little projects! Thanks to Cj's mom for pushing us the extra mile in many cases and for all those that encouraged and supported us.
Now we need visitors!

12 comments:

ashley said...

wow- it looks great! how fun to get to pick out colors and all that, i am jealous, although i would be totally indecisive too! looks great lacey, we will have to come say hi some time soon, but i want to meet the baby when i come! maybe we can bring you dinner some weekend!

Megan said...

It looks awesome! We have just painted three rooms in our house too. It is so much more work than I would have thought. And of course, Aaron wouldn't let me near the paint... so he did it all himself. But, seriously it looks awesome! I love the colors you chose, especially Lizzy's room, the bathroom and the dining area.

I think our babies are due really close to each other. You're due the end of march, right? I'm getting induced on March 31st (Aaron has a vacation week before he starts a crazy rotation so we figured we'd take advantage of it and have this baby!) We're having a boy too.

Fellars Family said...

The house looks great! We can't wait to see it.

Kahilau said...

It is all so beautiful. Great job! And all while you are prego??? I truly am impressed. What a great feeling to have it all look like you want it too. The kitchen counters by the way really are not bad. I know they aren't updated but they look so much better with the cabinets painted and everything else so clean. Nice work!!!

The Meaniwacs said...

I liked seeing the before pictures, since we never got to see it before it was done. Everything looks so much better now...its crazy how much a little paint can do!

Carrie said...

It turned out soo good! I love all of the colors! I love that you knocked that wall out...it really opened it up and changed the look totally! We miss you guys in our ward! How are you feeling?

erika said...

Love it love it love it!

Hazen5 said...

Lacey, it looks soooo good! I hope YOU are not doing too much, take care of that baby. I love your bedroom's color. I love makeover posts!

Stephanie said...

Wow, awesome job guys!!We would love to be visitors!! he-he!

Da Denninghoff's said...

My favorite room is the dinning room. Excellent choice of colors! Great job. Isn't fun decorating your own temple?

kyndra_dalton said...

Your house looks amazing. I can't believe how much better the 'after' pictures look. It all came together so nicely; good job! Drew 'surprised' me the other day when he bought himself a new flat screen TV... maybe CJ will 'surprise' you ;) (Drew's still making up for that big of a spend without my agreement :))

Brooke said...

Sorry, It's taken me a looonnnng time to catch up with your blog! I love your house! So beautiful! I especially love the front room and Lizzie's pink room. You guys did a great job! Enjoy your time there knowing that you got to design the way that it looks.