Monday, February 9, 2009

Ode to Lizzy

I figure with a new baby coming soon, our lives will change and of course for the better, as we learn and grow in different ways, however i thought i'd give a shout out to my "special girl." Even though there have been definite rough patches over the last 3 years, i have learned so much from my 'sweetie pie.' She is just a doll, so eager, and loving. She just makes me smile!
The latest has been her willingness to help. Which of course i want to encourage even though it takes longer or is a bit inconvenient, i know the day will come when she won't want to help. She has been helping with yard work, dishes, painting, and anything else she can get her hands on. The other day i just didn't want to do the dishes, but she did, so she moved the rug out of the way, pushed a chair over and turned the water on to do it herself!







Over the last couple months we have been watching lizzy's knee and wondering if something was wrong, she never complained of pain or never seemed to favor it, but her left knee seemed bigger than her right. So we finally took her in this week and found she had extra fluid in there, they drained it and she is doing fine, but we have a follow up thursday and hope the labwork comes back normal. They say it could be from a sprain or twist, or infection. don't really know right now. But they had to give her some meds to drain the fluid and it made her very loopy. Which actually was very funny to watch. within 5 mins of taking it she was laughing hysterically and falling asleep not able to sit up. The funny part was while we were waiting they said to go get her blood work, so we had to do a urine sample. While i was holding her limp body on the toliet, Cj was trying to catch from the back. it took a bit, but we were successful, just glad she had to go.

Here is a video of us at the dr:




Besides this last week, we had beautiful 80 degree weather and took advantage. Lizzy loved playing in the sand at the beach and Mom and Dad were able to relax a bit. one of those wonderful days!


10 comments:

kyndra_dalton said...

Lizzy's video was so funny! Her hair has gotten long, and I just can't get over how old she is. I'm going to have to start checking your blog regularly- love it! Thanks for sharing.
Kyndra

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at the video! Lacey, your giggles make it 10 times funnier! Poor little Lizzy. I will be praying that the results come back clear and positive. I hope you guys are doing well and enjoying your beautiful home. Those pics are just amazing! I hope Dustin and I can be as lucky when it's our time to look for a home.

The Meaniwacs said...

Lizzy's video was so funny...I had tears in my eyes! I don't think I've ever seen her that relaxed! I'll have to show the boys tomorrow...glad she is doing well!

Marcie said...

What a cute video! Lizzy is so adorable. Hope all goes well with her knee.

flip flop mama said...

That video was hilarious!!

erika said...

too funny. lucky for you CJ can accompany you to these things! can you imagine trying to do the urine test by yourself?

heidi said...

wow-i was crying of good laughter...i don't know what made me laugh more--lizzy or lacey?
you're house looks awesome. we will be your visitors some day! :)

Jessica said...

That was hilarious! We love Lizzy. Sorry we couldn't make it Valentines morning. I hope you had fun. We will have to get together again soon.

Stephanie said...

Wow, Lacey i felt bad that she had her knee drained...and yet the video was so cute and funny! I know i have been a stranger to blogging but i'm back:)

Brooke said...

Wow. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I've been in that position before putting my baby to sleep in a loopy way and it is funny but in a small way it broke my heart. Underneath your laughter, I had tears for you on that video. I'm such a blubbering idiot. Izzie is such a doll, but I am sorry that she has to go through that. And you and hubby.