Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

I couldn't help thinking about this scripture as i was putting Lizzy to bed tonight. It really has been so amazing to see her already have a love for church, nursery, Jesus, prayer,and the scriptures. Each night we read out of the picture scripture stories and then go to bed. She loves it, probably mostly that she gets to lay down with mom and dad on their bed and gets all their attention. Then tonight after we read she ran off to get her "toys" to sleep with and came back with a Jesus figurine she got for Christmas. She wanted to sleep with Jesus. Then we prayed and after she wanted to pray again, so we prayed this time she repeated everything i said. Then we sang our primary songs, which she knows so well from nursery. (its crazy when they start picking things up that you don't teach them directly) Then as i left the room she rolled over to go to sleep without a peep (after asking for water, a snack, and a treat of course) And the biggest shocker of ALL! She didn't even ask for her binky...which is huge and i'm still in shock, we have only been using in for naps and nighttime lately, but she usually only goes to bed to get the binky. And she didn't ask for it, didn't cry, just went to sleep....Now that was my perfect bedtime routine. I suppose no chance it will happen again, but gives me hope!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ahhh, I love how some nights they are angels and then the other nights they are crazy! Well, maybe that is only my kids...but I sure do love those nights that they are angels:)

Oleole Family said...

I am so glad you found me, because the last thing I remember hearing about you is that you were pregnant. Then we lost contact. So Sad! You guys look good and you have such a beautiful little girl. Yay for kids, don't you love being a Mom.

flip flop mama said...

Lizzy is such a sweet heart. So glad she went to bed easy for you! It's so sweet when they show you how mch they know and how simple life is to them when it comes to the gospel.

erika said...

aahhh, the nights when bedtime is easy....what a cutie pie.

ashley said...

so cool when they pick up on the church stuff! velzy has been saying the funniest prayers latley.

and nice work on the no pacifier, we just got rid of ours a few months ago, it was a little rough at first, but so much better now that it is gone! good luck- stay strong!

snlbarney said...

What a great evening:) Lizzy is so sweet, and I would love to hear her sing the nursery songs:) This routine seems almost too good, I think there needs to be another baby mixed in there to add spice:) wink wink...